Essential oils are highly volatile substances. About 20% of all medicinal herbs give their healing properties to essential oils. Essential oils are one of the great untapped resources of the world.
The concentrated essences are found in the tiny oil glands in different parts of the plants. They are extracted from flowers, leaves, fruit, grasses, wood, nuts & berries, gums and bark.
There are many ways to use Essential Oils to receive the most therapeutic benefits. A few common applications include:
- Diffusers: Candle diffusers are really nice. 6-8 drops mixed with water.
- Massage Oil: In 30 ml of carrier oil use 15-20 drops for a 2.5-3% solution. Children, elderly and pregnant women should only use a 1% solution of 7-8 drops. Please see individual or single oils in my Shop to read specific precautions regarding pregnancy and children.
- Baths: 5-10 drops in bath water.
- Showers: 2-3 drops on shower floor.
- Foot Bath: 2-6 drops of essential oils in warm water.
- Compress: 4-6 drops in bowl of warm water, apply cotton face cloth and wring out extra water. Apply over required area.
- Steam Inhalation: 2-3 drops in a bowl of hot water. Cover head with a towel and breathe in.
- Humidifiers: 10-15 drops into water.
- Room Sprays: 60 drops per 500 ml of water.
Essential Oil/Aromatherapy Cautions:
Do not take essential oils internally.
Do not apply directly on the skin.
If you are taking homeopathic remedies consult your Homeopathic Doctor first.
Do not use the same essential oils exclusively over a long period of time as you may become sensitive to it.
Follow suggested amounts. Use less rather than more.
Keep essential oils away from and out of the reach of children.
Keep essential oils away from eyes.
Essential oils are flammable.
Light, heat and oxidation will degrade oils.
Worwood, Valerie Ann. The Complete Book of Essential Oils & Aromatherapy (United Kingdom: Macmillian London Limited, 1990). Hawkins, Beverly. West Coast Institute of Aromatherapy. Aromatherapy 101. (1999).
Thank you for supporting our
and buying local.
Health and Wellness