Ling Cod is a real treat around our home! You have to jig for it when you are fishing and usually my husband likes to troll for salmon. Catching a 30+ Spring Salmon is more of an adrenalin rush I suppose! 😉 Personally I love jigging for cod. The motor is off and all you can see and hear is the ocean all around you. It is very relaxing and peaceful. And an added bonus….I get to feed my family wild fish from the beautiful West Coast.
This is a great recipe to enjoy that tasty white fish. I hope you enjoy this as much as we did 🙂
Again try to use organic ingredients when possible!
- ling cod
- olive oil (organic)
- gluten free flour mix-organic (any type)
- 2 tablespoons Chia and flax seed powder (organic)
- 2 tablespoons hemp seed hearts (organic)
- fresh squeezed lemon (organic)
- herbamare seasoning salt (organic)
- black pepper
- egg substitute
- In first bowl make up an egg substitute. You will use this to coat the cod before breading it. Use eggs if no allergies.
- In a second bowl combine G.F. flour mix, hemp seed hearts, chia & flax seed powder, salt and papper.
- Cut up the cod into smaller strips
- Heat up a generous amount of olive oil in a frying pan
- Dip pieces of cod into egg substitute then coat with flour mixture.
- Add to frying pan, squeeze fresh lemon overtop and cook until cod flakes apart
I served this cod with a salad and organic brown rice. I used my apple cider vinaigrette with maple syrup recipe. I garnished it with parsley for 3 reasons!! 1. my Granddad had parsley with every meal fresh out of his garden so it reminds me of him. 2. I just put it in my herb garden and wanted to eat it! 3. It is super good for you! It is one of the top 15 foods to contain Vitamin E. Check out this article on foods that are high in Vitamin E if you are curious!
Here is the after pic of this dinner! Enjoy!!!