I use this salad dressing on quinoa and salad greens. It is absolutely delicious!!!
This recipe is for 1 cup of cooked quinoa. Use organic/non gmo ingredients when possible 🙂
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- approx. 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 large crushed garlic
- squeeze of fresh lemon
- half teaspoon dijon mustard
Tossed with tomatoes, feta, fresh basil and cilantro.
Some interesting information on the health benefits of cilantro. I have also read that cilantro is very good for clearing out and detoxing metals out of our body.
Information resourced from: http://www.globalhealingcenter.com/natural-health/health-benefits-of-cilantro/
Toxic Metal Cleansing
Cilantro is most often cited as being effective for toxic metal cleansing and rightfully so, this herb is a powerful, natural cleansing agent. The chemical compounds in cilantro bind to toxic metals and loosen them from the tissue. Many people suffering from mercury exposure report a reduction in the often-cited feeling of disorientation after consuming large and regular amounts of cilantro over an extended period. 
Other Benefits of Cilantro
- May be able to help prevent cardiovascular damage. 
- The School of Life Science in Tamil Nadu, India noted, after researching the activity of cilantro leaves and stem, “if used in cuisine would be a remedy for diabetes.” 
- Strong antioxidant activity. 
- Has been shown to have anti-anxiety effects. 
- May help improve sleep quality. 
- Has been examined and described to have a blood-sugar lowering effect. 
- Cilantro seed oil possess antioxidative properties, consumption may decrease oxidative stress. 
- Research conducted by The Dental School of Piracicaba in Brazil found cilantro oil to be a new natural fungal cleansing formulation opportunity. 
- Demonstrated activity against several types of harmful organisms.  
James A. Duke, Ph.D., a former botanist at the U.S. Department of Agriculture, and author of The CRC Handbook of Medicinal Herbs, has praised the digestive-system-promoting benefits of cilantro and recommends drinking a cup of the tea made from a handful of the leaves, when experiencing any form of stomach discomfort.
Thanks for reading!