I’m posting my new favorite summertime recipe after making it for the first time tonight. I wanted a way to use zucchini as they are growing from the garden and I just love fresh basil. So I basically put them together and it worked! It was soooo yummy and easy to make! Leo, my one year old loved it!
This recipe is vegan and gluten free as well. You can add parmesan cheese at the end if you like.
- 1 zucchini
- 5 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup fresh basil
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup water
- Himalyian salt (to taste)
- Gluten free pasta
- Heat the olive oil in a pan.
- Add the chopped garlic, zucchini, salt and water-let simmer for about 20 minutes
- Add the fresh basil about 5 minutes before the sauce is done.
- Optional-sprinkle with parm
We served ours with fresh beans.
Thanks for reading!