“we dance our madness,
we dance our joy.
oh precious ones, the fun has just begun,
wild music is in the air;
there’s beauty flowing everywhere.” –James Green
I never grew up eating ginger so sometimes I find it difficult adding it to my cooking. It has a strong flavour to it but added to the right foods it can make for mouth-watering meals!
One of my new favourite ways to eat ginger is in a lentil soup! The soup is super easy to make and so healthy for you. It also tastes amazing! I use a crock pot/slow cooker set on low for about 7 hours to cook everything together. I have mentioned the benefits of ginger for our health below the recipe. Enjoy!!!
- In a crock pot combine all the ingredients together.
- 1 cup red lentils
- 4 cups water
- 1 green chilli chopped (optional as it is spicy!)
- 4-5 cloves of garlic
- 1 teaspoon chopped ginger
- Half an onion
- 2 tomatoes
- Himalayan pink salt and pepper
- Cook on low in a crock pot for about 7 hours.
You can eat the soup alone or add some organic brown rice or a bread of your choice.
10 Health benefits of ginger:
- Helps calm nausea and vomiting
- Digestive Tract Protection
- Brain Health
- Migraine Relief
- Protection from UV rays
- Supports Stable Blood Sugar
- Promotes Healthy Blood Pressure
- May Benefit Osteoarthritis
- Helps with Muscle Aches and Discomfort
- May Benefit Cardiovascular Function
To see the full article explaining each of the health benefits visit http://www.globalhealingcenter.com/natural-health/health-benefits-of-ginger/